This building has hardly changed since it was built in 1837
The Master Mariners Homes were built in 1837 as almshouses on behalf of Tyne Mariners Benevolent Institution on land given by Duke of Northumberland. The building was restored in the 1970s and is a local landmark with Grade II listing.
The arms of Trinity House, Newcastle upon Tyne are featured on the front of the building.
Thanks to Ernest Storey for this photograph.